|Description:||Summary: Plans and administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• HR Consulting: Works closely with key market leaders: State President (or market EVP), VP, Division and Area Managers. Play a central role in culture management that supports business strategies. Plan and execute interventions to enable change to happen quickly and successfully. Involved in implementation of HR practices. Subject matter expert on HR technology solutions.
• Talent Development: Manage and deliver events, processes and tools to build people and organizational capability through learning activities, training experiences, and implementing large-scale organizational activities. Coaches field leaders on appropriate leadership effectiveness skills.
• Performance Management: Responsible for the full scope of human capital processes such as total workforce planning (succession planning), performance review programs, and career development programs. Administers pay administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
• Training: Responsible for new employee orientation programs to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Responsible for management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Works closely with Sales Training leaders on the planning and execution of sales training programs.
• Staffing: Able to deliver staffing support and expertise at all organizational levels, from individual contributor to executive level employees. Assists Management to recruit, interview, test/assess, and select employees to fill vacant positions. Responsible for succession and replacement planning on staffing Leads staffing plans with colleges and military installations.
• Legal Compliance and Labor Knowledge: Thoroughly understands and identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Manage full-scope employment practices for assigned location in the areas of EEO, OFCCP (AAP), ADAAAA, Employment Eligibility, DOL, etc. Advises and assists management in appropriate resolution of employee concerns. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Responsibilities of Personnel Administration: May manage one or more HR Administrators. In the absence of a dedicated HR Administrator, administration requirements include standard personnel record-keeping, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government and internal reporting. Oversees execution of corporate benefit programs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning and Math Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of WORD and PowerPoint software and Excel spreadsheet software.
Certificates and Licenses: Prefer SHRM Certification of SPHR or PHR.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May or may not directly supervises one to two employees in HR Administration. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Travel: There is about 20% travel required for the position within the state to satellite branches. Other travel may be required for new market assignments. Field presence is estimated at 40 – 50%.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.