Title: Communications and Development Coordinator
Department: Oregon Chapter
Reports To: Chapter Director
Job Summary: The Communications and Development Coordinator will report to the Chapter Director and will assist throughout the office when necessary. In this role, the Communications and Development Coordinator will craft fundraising campaigns, engage and develop membership and volunteer bases. It is the job of the Communications and Development Coordinator to manage the Chapter Database, Intranet and Communication Outreach Software. The Communications and Development Coordinator will perform administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing and public relations to increase the capacity of the Oregon Chapter, Sierra Club. The Oregon Chapter, Sierra Club is a volunteer driven organization and the Communications and Development Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Committee and Chapter Director to make sure that the goals of the volunteer committees are met.
- Maintain office administrative tasks, ensuring that the office is running smoothly;
- Maintain Oregon Chapter Website for content, access, and training of users. Work with the webmaster and Outreach Committee to make any structural or stylistic changes in a timely manner;
- Coordination of volunteers to handle administrative and database work as it relates to Oregon Chapter business;
- Assist Chapter Director with the development and implementation of the chapter’s Development Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals, and special events;
- Coordinate chapter’s social media outputs including: event outreach, Convio, Facebook, Meetup, and Twitter;
- Contribute to creation of communications plans and messaging strategies;
- Work with the volunteers each month to record the donations in Club Database Listing for the final report of the Annual Report; assist in the creation of the Annual Report and March Appeal Mailings;
- Other duties as assigned by the Chapter Director and chapter Executive Committee.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency with computer programs including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases. Knowledge of Salesforce platform a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail. Multilingual skills a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with major social media platforms, and basic HTML and website content editing skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with volunteers, members, staff and the general public.
- Sense of humor, resourcefulness, patience, adaptability, and the ability to be flexible in job tasks.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 7 non-exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) organization. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for one than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.