Job Title: Operations and Compliance Coordinator
Reports to: Operations and Finance Manager
Context: Provides administrative support functions to the Operations and Compliance departments, particularly in travel & expense management, and federal and state reporting.
Scope: Creates, develops, and presents training material related to regulatory compliance, including website content. Coordinator is responsible for preparing the federal and state political reports. Provides Concur system and staff support, as well as back-end reconciliation for business and corporate card systems. Assists in the general operational support to the Program Department and Sierra Club.
- Performs administrative support and secretarial duties including, but not limited to:
- Managing emails in the operations inbox.
- Responding to questions on invoices, coding, etc.
- Researching accounting transactions and following up with staff on incomplete receipts or payment requests.
- Providing general assistance to department.
- Coordinates with operations and administrative staff to ensure timely and accurate expense report submissions, as well as accurate user data in expense system.
- Collaborates with Finance on travel and expense account reconciliation as well as corporate card management.
- Troubleshoots travel and expense user issues and manages support cases with travel and expense systems.
- Administers the compliance review function of material submitted related to Sierra Club’s programs and activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and internal policies.
- Assists the preparation of Federal Elections Commission, Internal Revenue Service and lobbying disclosure regulatory reports.
- Maintains trainings scheduling, including: invitations, tech setup, follow-up, and attendance data.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated skill and effectiveness in preparing training and instructional materials.
- Demonstrated ability to enter and track data, including creating summary reports and tables.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (EXCEL), presentation software (PowerPoint), and Google applications.
- Excellent analytic, communication, and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail required.
- Good sense of humor.
- Preference given to candidates with advanced excel skills and/or background working on political campaigns.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience working in an administrative capacity providing logistical support and coordination.
- Proficiency in databases to track and manage data.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Progressive Workers Union or Sierra Employee Alliance, depending on location.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 6 non-exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) organization. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for more than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.