Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Chapter Director
Context: The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative duties to support the day to day operations of a chapter office and the Executive Committee.
Scope: The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and general office duties, coordinates chapter activities and meetings, interacts with volunteers, and responds to routine inquiries from members, volunteers, and the general public.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to Chapter Director/Office Manager, Executive Committee and volunteer leaders.
- Handles bookkeeping duties including the processing of payables and receivables. Maintains records of expenses and income.
- Maintains files and databases including the mailing lists, activist lists, membership, volunteers and contributors.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning membership and outings events from the general public, members, and volunteers. Routes other calls as appropriate.
- Coordinates chapter meetings, preparation of agenda and takes minutes as needed. Maintains Chapter calendar.
- Maintains office supplies, equipment and computer systems. Contacts vendors for repairs and maintenance.
- Assists in the recruitment and organizing of volunteers. Refers interested members to appropriate committees and volunteer leaders.
- Reviews and routes incoming mail. Responds to inquiries as appropriate by sending membership information, environmental issues, chapter schedules and events.
- May conduct routine research on specific issues. May assist in publishing newsletter.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency with computer programs including word processors, spreadsheets, and database.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with volunteers, members, staff and the general public.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 8 non-exempt position.
Sierra Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for more than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.