Description of position
Costco Wholesale is currently seeking an SAP HANA Basis Administrator experienced in establishing and carrying out implementations of SAP and related policies and procedures in support of large SAP implementations. The SAP HANA Basis Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the Basis component of SAP systems and will assist in the planning, designing, and architecting of SAP systems across a variety of platforms and database. Individuals should be capable of working independently or in teams and have the ability to effectively gain insight and develop solutions to meet their business needs. The SAP Administrator installs support packs, conducts upgrades, backups/recovery, system refresh and troubleshooting as well as administers databases, conducts failover of production systems, and monitors and ensures performance of SAP systems. The candidate is responsible for administration of SAP HANA system integration within an SAP Landscape. Role covers HANA Security , HANA SLT Configuration, Suite on HANA and BW on HANA Migrations, HANA System Monitoring, HANA Install & Config, Health Check, and Monitoring.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Performs the administration and operation of the SAP HANA systems and associated components and 3rd party tools
- Collaborate with Technical SAP Project leads and team members on design and build of the SAP eco-system and infrastructure
- Serve as technical support for medium to complex problem resolution. Provide technical expertise for resolving escalated system issues. Participate in crisis meetings as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements within SAP System design and implementation.
- Automate administrative and operational functions. Provide training and direction to operational teams.
- Maintain technical knowledge of SAP system components and architecture.
- Resolve incidents affecting the operation/availability of global systems, through troubleshooting and implementing known fixes
- Provide technical upgrades as well as functional and technical enhancements. Troubleshooting and resolution of application and system errors
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy SAP applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, architects, and system owners in the testing of SAP software programs and applications.
- Install and configure patches and Support pack upgrades to SAP systems as required.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- 7+ Years SAP Basis Administration with two or more of the following SAP products
- CRM, ECC, TREX, CAR, BW4HANA, Portals, HANA Side Car
- Knowledge and experience in Suite on HANA
- Knowledge and experience with evaluating, install, configure and deply SAP applications
- Knowledge and experience with SAP upgrades including Support Packs and Enhancement Packs
- Knowledge and experience with Red Hat Linux Operating System
- Knowledge and experience with SAP Performance tuning
- Technically fluent in SQL
- Ability to write Bash Shell
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adjust priorities in rapidly changing environments; work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex ideas and designs to a variety of technical or non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and prioritization skills are required
- Work and collaborate with other technology groups to support the SAP landscape
- Exemplary troubleshooting and ability to drive root cause analysis on incidents and problems
- Ability to provide effective onsite and remote support and troubleshooting 24X7.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- SAP HANA Certification
- Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Deep technical knowledge of the relevant part(s) of the SAP infrastructure and Linux operating environment
Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business.