GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
- Responsible for RF, DAS and Small Cell Planning and Design within iBwave tool along with supporting the implementation, commissioning and optimization of such systems.
- Follow direction of Central Engineering Lead
- Set up 3D modeling in iBwave.Layout thorough and clean DAS designs Produce accurate BOMs from design effort.
- Produce fiber and rack diagrams in Visio, Run propagation models in iBwave
- Export and consolidate designs, plots, and any other design reports required.
- Review site surveys for new or existing systems and participate in development meetings.
- Own quality of data for site DAS Planning and Design, make high quality decisions and provide engineering justification for those decisions.
- Ability to read RF datasheets (RFDS) as well as make sense of associated site Tx/Rx plumbing diagrams.
- Support RF baseline testing utilizing RF scanners and phones to collect existing network performance data.
- Support in the development of DAS engineering procedures, methodologies and standards.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reporting of all project activities.
- Ensure all closeout data has been compiled, reviewed and submitted in a timely manner and represents a quality product that meets and exceeds all expectations.
- Perform any other engineering duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years’ related experience
- IBWave certification level 2 or higher, PCTEL or equivalent RF scanner and TEMS
- Firm understanding of wireless technologies (LTE/UMTS/CDMA/GSM) and performing link budget analysis
- Experience with field test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators, technology scanners, and receivers.
- Understand frequency band, protocols and the terms used to quantify signal strength, quality, and transmitting base stations.
- Understand all Repeater and DAS OEM equipment and their architectures.
- Familiar with C/W testing techniques, including antenna system and TX test setup as well as the data collection, post-processing and analysis of data.
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.