GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
- Benchmark testing and/or RF site surveys to evaluate potential build locations and performance of existing venues to include as-builts for newly installed systems
- Collect and utilize post deployment acceptance testing data to ensure design specification requirements are met and the system functions at optimal levels for the integration with the carrier(s) macro network
- Feasibility walks, pre-construction walks, preparing reports for site surveys, taking photos.
- Rack and stack equipment in headend (aka core) and remote locations determination, electrical understanding of DAS systems.
- Performs in-process and final quality inspections
- Conducts work assignments, communicates, including direct interaction with venue or carrier customers in a professional manner
- Executes the essential duties and responsibilities to meet timelines
- Degree in technology-based focus such as Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3 years of DAS or Cellular Field Engineer is required
- Familiarity DAS OEM (e.g. CommScope, TE Connectivity, Corning Mobile Access, SOLiD) equipment's functionality and typical performance levels is required
- Travel/Shift Requirements: Travel away from home for several weeks may be required on demand. Shift work required on demand.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
- Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
- Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites
- Knowledge and experience with carrier-based equipment common industry manufactures such as Ericsson, Nokia, SpiderCloud, Cisco, Ruckus, and Point-To-Point radio links preferred
- Certifications on test equipment such as Anritsu Sweep Master, connector coring certification from JMA or other compression connector supplier is preferred
- Ability to work with hand and power tools, and telecom tools like Scanners “PCTEL EX/MX, JDSU W1314A measurement receiver or similar tools. ”
- Anritsu Site Master
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current wireless network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct and Quality assurance
- Ability to read and understand RF drawings from companies such as IBwave and blueprint construction documentation.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining robust communication with management regarding activities
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.