GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
- Participate in the investigation of innovative 5G technologies to improve the network virtualization infrastructure.
- Evaluate and implement solutions utilizing Network Virtualization (containers over steel) technologies.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
- Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or six or more years of professional experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Wireless, cellular and WiFi technologies.
- Broad networking knowledge, virtualized platforms and specific expertise with Mobile Data Networks, as well as strong Customer Relationship Management.
- Cloud Native Architecture
- Dockers / Kubernetes
- Containers / Microservices principles
- Virtualized Platform principles
- NFVi / VNF / NSO / ESC
- RedHat / OpenStack / CEPH / RHEL
- yaml config creation
- Evolved Packet Core Experience
- Minimum 3 years in system design, deployment and test.
- Capable of architecting Packet Core Networks and understanding the end-to-end network architecture including:
- SMF / UPF / AMF / MME, SAEGW, SPGW, ePDG, SaMOG
- 3GPP standards
- 5G / CUPS / LTE / GSM / CDMA
- Subscriber Policy (HSS / HLR)
- Offline / Online Charging architectures (such as PCRF Gx and OCS Gy, interfaces)
- OSS and BSS Protocols for billing and provisioning interfaces (Gz, SOAP, Rest)
- Deep Packet Inspection and enhanced charging principles
- Data Center deployment as required for virtualized platforms
- TCP / UDP / IP
- Layer 1-3 functionality
- Leaf-Spine Architectures, ToR (Top of Rack interface), CIQ
- Experience with Dynamic Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Tools / scripting languages. (Python, Perl, etc)
- Expertise with Linux
- Interoperability Testing (IOT) methodologies
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.