GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
- Candidate will execute manual test cases covering Wi-Fi and BT software validation
- Candidate should be familiar with testing principles in the Wi-Fi and/or BT space.
- Candidate should be very familiar with Windows operation and debugging techniques/tools.
- It is desirable to have scripting experience with script languages like Powershell, Batch, Python etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in testing or development of Wi-Fi platforms
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi at the application or network level, and familiarity with RF debugging tools: for example wireless sniffers (e.g. Wireshark, Wildpackets OnmiPeek, Ethereal)
Plus to have:
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills, ability to isolate issues in complex scenarios. Ability to deal with ambiguity and define test plans from variables. ○ Experience with device testing on Wi-Fi or RF component (cellular radio, Bluetooth)
- Experience on embedded devices development
- Experience with Kernel Debugging and/or trace analysis for network analysis, (network monitor / Message Analyzer, xPerf, .etl, ETW, …)
- Familiarity with MS tools: Product Studio, WTT
- Experience with RF tools: attenuators, antennas, RF enclosures, …
- Code and tool development experience. C# and script/PowerShell experience. Ability to create tools that validate WiFi functionality and End to End scenarios in Windows environments.
- Experience on:
- Over the Air Testing
- Rate vs Range
- WiFi/BT certification (WiFi Alliance, BT SIG)
- WiFi Direct /P2P experience
- PCB rework
- RF PHY development and testing
- Basic scope skills
- Power consumption testing and optimization
- Windows Driver development experience and knowledge
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V