GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology, and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has a presence throughout the US and Internationally.
RF Performance Optimization Engineer with VoLTE and LTE experience to assist with RAN Network troubleshooting and Cluster optimization
- Responsible for conducting highly complex network system administration and design engineering activities to maximize network connectivity and capacity.
- Performs engineering functions related to interconnect equipment and facilities, signaling systems, switches and traffic
- Create/Complete SCIP Approval, RFDS, NST, CIQ forms to support new and existing site designs
- Perform site walks/drive tests for pre-construction SINR verification
- Support new and existing site designs and upgrades
- Maintenance problems
- Monitoring traffic flows to ensure call delivery optimization
- Providing technical expertise for less experienced engineers
- Identification and troubleshooting Top Offenders to resolution
- VoLTE & LTE Layer 3 Analysis including call/session failure analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years of related work experience
- Experienced with Atoll, MapInfo and site selection basics
- Work experience with performing cost justification studies.
- Eligible to work in the US.
- Good understanding RAN VoLTE and LTE RF Parameter settings including Traffic Management strategies, Carrier Aggregation, TTI Bundling, etc.
- Good understanding of RAN VoLTE & LTE architecture and a basic understanding of Core architecture
- Understanding of Call Flow and Failure Types in VoLTE & LTE networks
- Understanding of eNodeB & RRH equipment plus hardware failure types
- Ability to troubleshoot RAN VoLTE and LTE failure types and propose appropriate solutions including parameter & antenna configuration optimization
- Vendor experience
- Driver’s license required
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.