GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
- Work with Transport Team to develop requirements and specifications to deliver reliable voice services to customers over the new 5G network.
- Evaluate future traffic loads and determine interconnection changes including establishing voice peering arrangements.
- Ability to evaluate and manage all aspects of potential service provider relationships.
- Establish success metrics to evaluate and manage 3rd party service providers including SLA and KPIs.
- Implement Best Practices for VoIP and data traffic engineering, LCR and dimensioning circuits.
- Assess system architectures including reliability and redundancy requirements.
- Support transport/ traffic engineering portions of network projects such as VoIP traffic, data sessions, E911, and IP based technologies.
- Evaluate CALEA interface, call flow model and the service providers’ implementation of this function.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- understanding of VoIP and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions including long distance/toll calling, international, E911, toll-free, CALEA, etc.
- identify and recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic.
- have a thorough working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements.
- Responsible for evaluating and performing detailed evaluation of service providers capabilities and performance.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree desired; advanced degree preferred.
- 8 + years Telecommunications Network experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering.
- Detailed understanding of Signalling requirements to include SS7, DSC, SIP, SBC and others.
- Experience designing and implementing connections for the PSAP facilities and E911 calling.
- Have implemented and have a detailed knowledge of various OAM&P platforms (EMS/NMS).
- Familiarity with Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, SDH, SONET, optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, and Synchronization of optical networks.
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades.
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications, define KPIs and manage in a complex environment.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to delivery in fast-paced high-volume environment supporting aggressive targets.
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.