Support the Plant Engineering & Maintenance department by performing a variety of mechanical and electrical functions such as corrective, scheduled, and preventative maintenance on facility and manufacturing process equipment including air compressors, HVAC units, pumps and motor controls, piping, chillers, cooling towers, stamping presses, welding systems, coating application equipment, transferring/conveyer systems, machining centers, robotics, and other high-tech automated equipment.
- Visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions. Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand tools and power tools.
- Repair and maintain mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as mechanical equipment, electrical and electronic equipment, PLCs and control devices, material handling system, and automated lubrication system; follow blueprints and specifications; use hand tools and power tools and precision measuring equipment to perform these functions with good workmanship.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems. Remove and replace worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system, using hand tools and power tools, following blueprints, diagrams, and service manuals.
- Realign and adjust components such as motors, gearboxes, clutches, and brakes and using hand tools and following diagrams. Locate damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, measure, cut, thread, and install new pipe.
- Repair broken metal parts, using cutting, brazing, soldering, and welding equipment grinders and hand tools.
- Modify computer-controlled motion of equipment including robots, applying knowledge of program commands, using PLCs, robot controller and teach pendant.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, layouts, and specifications in the performance of the duties to ensure system integrity is maintained.
- Assist maintenance specialists and management with sketches or computer-generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism, applying knowledge of shop mathematics, hydraulics, and mechanics, using computer keyboard and software programs.
- Set up and operate metal working tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder to make repair parts.
- Start machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Operate various powered equipment according to HMMA standards.
- Position requires job rotation between different shifts and maintenance jobs within the plant.
- Position requires the ability to work overtime in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management Systems (BMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED
- 2 year Technical Degree preferred in Industrial Technology, Industrial Electricity, or Industrial Electronics preferred
- 1-3 years job related experience desired including any combination of skills, experience, or specialized education or training in the following (multi-skilled preferred): Electricity & electrical application; programmable logic controls (PLC); heating, A/C, ventilation & refrigeration; plumbing & pipefitting; welding; pneumatics; mechanical systems; machine tools practices; industrial machinery; hydraulics; schematics; CNC programming; robotics; servos
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
“PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.”
Drive for Quality
Thousands of Hyundai Team Members share the same powerful drive for quality. If you share in Hyundai’s drive for quality, you will find that joining our team will give you the opportunity to take your career farther than you ever thought possible.
Drive for Excellence
Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama takes great pride in its product. And even greater pride in its people, building teams that build on strengths, in turn building a growing reputation for Excellence.
Drive for Growth
When you are a part of Hyundai’s team, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, receive the latest and highest standard of training, and implement manufacturing processes that maximize efficiency without impacting safety or quality.
Join in Hyundai’s drive for Quality, Excellence and Growth and take your career further than you ever thought possible!
Please apply directly to our website with the below link: