It’s an exciting time at Innotech-Execaire Aviation Group. For more than 50 years, we have provided a full range of services for business and commercial aviation customers. Today, we are transforming and growing to meet the demand of OEMs, business aviation customers and airlines. We are a premier Canadian aviation company with an international presence!
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join and grow with a dynamic company, you will thrive at Innotech-Execaire Aviation Group!
Under the Direction of the Director of Maintenance, is responsible for daily operations of NDT Department, planning of training requirements for technicians and business development of the department.
- Adhere to company procedures and policies;
- Assess and ensure quality control of NDT work/tools;
- Budget for all NDT departments bases;
- Assist so that customer billing is accomplished accurately ;
- Provide input in the price quotes for all jobs;
- Review work orders for proper regulatory compliance;
- Ensure radiation safety (X-Ray);
- Overview the control all related records;
- Conduct internal audits;
- Produce and update NDT Quality & Procedures Manual;
- Evaluate, budget and purchase NDT equipment;
- Conduct regular departmental meetings;
- Further to the above, your appointment shall include the following specific tasks that relate directly to the Execaire Non-destructive Testing Process:
- Review of Customer specification NDT requirements;
- Review/development/amendment and approval of NDT procedures to meet Customer requirements;
- Review/development/amendment and approval of NDT technique sheets to meet Customer requirements;
- Training of NDT personnel in any new/amended requirements of our Customer base;
- Examination of NDT personnel as per NAS-410 requirements in any new/amended requirements of Customer;
- Review/development/amendment and approval of Sequencing of NDT operations templates as required;
- The Company Responsible Level 3 shall maintain regular oversight of the NDT Execaire process to ensure a continual improvement of the process;
- Administering the Annual Performance Review Evaluation program;
- Act as the interim Radiation Safety Officer for Execaire; and
- Participate in the selection and hiring of new employees.
- Promote safety awareness
- Create marketing solutions and oversee their implementation;
- Implement business development strategies and grow NDT profit margins; and
- Uphold good working relationship with customers.
- Produce annual department budgets;
- Monthly review of labor utilization reports for all departments/bases to evaluate level of productivity and ensure efficient utilization of resources;
- Review status of accounts receivable and WIP;
- Monthly review of financial statements; and
- Responsible for department financial activities and results.
- Plan, budget and schedule training needs for NDT personnel as required (in conjunction with Quality Control Department) and provide training when possible/required;
- Support implementation of and ensure direct reports respect company procedures/policies (6s, H&S, SMS, SPPs, etc.);
- Support direct reports in establishing objectives, department organizational improvement, hiring, performance reviews, disciplinary measures, coaching and mentoring in conjunction with the Human Resources Department; and
- Conduct regular departmental meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a L3 with many methods - MPI is a strong asset
- Minimum 5-10 years NDT experience;
- Qualified on CGSB or NAS410 or CGSP;
- Leadership skills;
- Possess good analytical skills;
- Be detail-oriented;
- Be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally (English, French is an asset);
- Understand health and safety issues;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Available to work on flexible working hours.
What you can expect at Innotech-Execaire Aviation Group:
Competitive Salary, full benefit plan, RRSP, reduced gym membership, free parking, and a great dynamic team!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.