To provide electrical engineering support services, and participate as a member of the Engineering team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Where assigned overall responsibility for the management of particular projects,exercise control over scheduling, progress and expenditures.
- Develop and prepare acceptance test procedures for various avionics and associated equipment.
- Carry out technical investigations and Engineering support activities.
- Design test sets, identify parts and supervise the building of prototypes.
- Carry out electrical design for retrofit/modification/prototype installations.
- Construct Engineering models to further develop, as well as prove a design concept.
- Prepare R & O Engineering drawings and reports.
- Provide support to Aircraft Repair and Overhaul.
- Investigate and recommend electronic parts substitution.
- Provide computer support to office staff (AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Programs).
- Participate, under matrix management, as a team member on projects which may be based in other sections or departments within Aerospace Engineering.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eligibility for registration in ENS is desired.
- 0 – 3 years in an aerospace engineering environment.
- Applicant should have sound knowledge of aircraft electrical/avionics systems, particularly analog and computers.
- Good drafting and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively will people at all levels.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment, and to take direction to complete a task.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to selfidentify on either your cover letter or resume.