Reporting to the VP Programs and responsive on a day to day basis to the program leads for each business unit, this position will provide leadership, management oversight, support and guidance to all IMP Aerospace activities located at CFB Trenton, Ontario. This role will act as the management liaison between the Trenton operation and the IMP Aerospace operations at Cascade in Abbotsford (C-130J ISS) and IMP Aerospace Halifax (Warehouse, CT-114 Tutor and CH149) and will provide Management oversight of the C-130J warehouse operation. A primary area of focus for this position will be to identify opportunities where IMP Aerospace operation at 8 Wing Trenton can provide additional support or full turnkey solutions to current or new customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide leadership and effective management oversight of personnel and their performance
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity and performance targets are met in the areas of inventory accuracy, order fulfillment and pack-up kit readiness
- On-site customer liaison activities and POC for 8 Wing personnel
- Actively pursue growth opportunities for existing IMP contracts at 8 Wing
- Assist in the development of technical proposals
- Assist in development of the division’s annual strategic plan in collaboration with department heads and senior executive staff by identifying new business opportunities
- Coordinate and direct activities across the departments (HIA and Cascade) as required
- Set/achieve performance targets (metrics) and ensure staff are accountable for achieving these performance targets
- Ensure that quality and environmental standards and objectives are met
- Prepare reports and correspondence for internal and external distribution
- Regularly and as required, brief IMP Senior Management on cost and schedule performance of assigned programs
- Chair internal and external progress review meetings, interfacing with customers and or Government executive level personnel.
- Review and amend Standard Plant Procedures (SPPs) and work instructions affecting areas of responsibility
- Provide oversight and signoff as required on the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Work with Site Leads to plan longer term resource requirements against present and future workload
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with customer and company requirements, quality control procedures and standard operating procedures
- Ensure personnel comply with all regulatory, contractual, legislative and other Company and Customer stipulated requirements
- Provide oversight of all sub-contract activities related to out of scope work resulting from AWR submissions
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education – Business or Engineering degree would be an asset
- Minimum 10 of years’ experience in a management position within Industry or Canadian Forces Aerospace
- Working knowledge and experience in aircraft maintenance management
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance, Engineering Technology or Engineering would be an asset
- Advanced program management experience in an earned value management (EVM) environment is essential – must have previous experience managing major programs
- Aerospace Logistics and Supply Chain Management (SCM) and related fields, or a suitable combination of education, training, civil/military experience would be an asset.
- Program Management qualifications (PMP) would be considered an asset
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork ability
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- This position requires a motivated self-starter who is results driven, with exceptional multitasking skills
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills as applied to complex issues.
- Extensive experience in management positions managing or interfacing with multi-disciplinary teams is desirable.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies, continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.