To install, inspect, repair and maintain C/NC equipment, general equipment and facilities to safe and proper operating levels, while minimizing any production downtime.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Receive instructions from any Supervisor and/or Charge hand.
- Dismantle, clean, repair, replace, install, maintain and assemble CNC machines and plant equipment.
- Inspect plant equipment for defects such as misalignment and wear.
- Advise when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage, or when temporary continued operation will have no harmful effect.
- Perform building maintenance as required.
- Perform cleanup and/or containment of hazardous material spills.
- Remove and store hazardous waste as per Environmental Regulations
- Establish and maintain records as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Work from elevated positions with the aid of aerial man lifts, scaffolds and ladders.
- Perform CNC failure fault analysis and troubleshoot machine cutting operation errors as required.
- Keep tools, equipment and immediate work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all applicable safety and hygiene regulations.
- High School Diploma, equivalent experience and/or training.
- Inter-Provincial Industrial Mechanic Certificate.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in CNC machining problem troubleshooting and repair in an industrial setting.
- Ability to read electrical drawings for CNC machines
- Knowledge of suppliers for spare parts and sub-contract repair
- Must be able to work from heights and in confined spaces.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-representated. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.