We are seeking a motivated individual with exceptional people skills and progressive leadership experience in manufacturing environment. A focus on achieving results and the ability to motivate others to meet the production goals are key attributes. Ideally, you will contribute directly to a culture of continuous improvement, while providing leadership to a unionized workforce. This position will report directly to the Production Manager, with a clear understanding of the importance of spending time on the shop floor in order to effectively understand the people and process.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Meet Production targets by customer program.
- Meet the target volume by day week and month.
- Deploy Production targets to the team through daily Production meetings.
- Facilitate Production by ensuring adequate resources to meet required output
- Identify and obtain required Production tooling.
- Solicit help from support organizations to resolve Production problems
- Identify skill deficiencies and reduce the skills gap of employees.
- Work with Planning, Materiel and Program Management to ensure an adequate supply of work.
- Ensure the root cause of problems are found.
- Ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Monitor employee performance
- Ensure employees are trained and qualified
- Ensure employees are involved in the corrective action process
- Ensure employees are provided with appropriate feedback concerning their performance and behavior in the workplace and take appropriate action including training, coaching and/or discipline.
- Maintain organized, clean and safe work areas by applying 6S disciplines
- Ensure all equipment is maintained.
Develop skills and/or continuous aim to improvement in the following areas;
- Skills required by employees under your direct supervision.
- Lean/6S/Continuous Improvement
- Conflict resolution, Coaching for Performance, Teamwork
- Managing in a unionized environment
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of the resource through continuous process by reducing defects and reducing “non-valued-added” activities
- Monitor and address actual vs. target production results.
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer Literate: (Microsoft Office, Material Requirements Planning)
- Excellent leadership abilities along with a strong team orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of Lean Production systems
- Experience working in the aerospace industry would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Applicant must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.