IMP has expanded its state-of-the-art Aerospace Machining Department which is capable of machining complex geometric parts in a fully integrated CAD/CAM environment. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional people skills to set up and operate multi-axis CNC machines, to produce all types of component parts to engineering specifications.
- Receive instructions from Supervisor and/or Chargehand.
- Read process sheets, blueprints, and/or sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensionalspecifications, set up and operating requirements.
- Review specifications to determine set up procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finishedwork piece.
- Responsible to edit programs, to select and/or prepare tooling for these operations.
- Ensure effective production of quality parts by checking these parts to drawing or sketches, using gauges and measuring equipment.
- Work closely with CNC Programmers to resolve programming programs.
- Select and grind cutting tools in accordance with the hardness, machine ability and other properties ofparts or materials to be machined.
- Obtain or make shop aids, or machine attachments required for the work to be machined.
- Check and measure work with gauges, micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments.
- Complete all deburring and inspecting of component to customer specifications.
- Operate electric hoists and use slings, chains, ropes, blocks and clamps to load, unload and transportequipment or position material or parts to be machined.
- Keep tools, equipment and immediate work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all applicable safety and hygiene regulations.
- Certified Journeyperson Machinist preferred
- Completion of a 1-year Machinist program and 1-year CNC Manufacturing Technician Certificate
- 2 years’ experience in a Machining environment
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-representated. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.