The Laboratory Services Technician supports the operations of the Outside In medical laboratory. This includes working with, and providing assistance to, clinic laboratory volunteers and managing overall laboratory responsibilities. The Laboratory Services Technician will communicate regularly with healthcare providers regarding test processing and results, and assist staff and providers with clinical and administrative needs.
This position is 20 hours a week. Pay is $14.42/hr. The application deadline is 3/29/2017.
- Work alongside volunteers to support lab operations, including assisting in volunteer orientation and training.
- Ensure adequate coverage in lab to meet provider demands.
- Facilitate communication between clinic assistants and staff on various shifts.
- Assist clinic coordinators, medical assistants, and healthcare providers with clinical and administrative tasks, including overseeing correct specimen collection and performance.
- Perform microscopy for KOH skin scraping and vaginal wet mount interpretation.
- Maintain and sterilize all laboratory equipment and spaces to required specifications. Ensure proper ordering, stocking, and rotation of supplies.
- Coordinate laboratory site inspection visits to mobile clinics, school based health centers, and other offsite locations.
- Maintain records of laboratory test results, including archiving past laboratory test logs.
- Coordinate quality assurance and control tests on Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived laboratory tests.
- Document maintenance and sterilization of lab equipment.
- Certified Lab Technician or equivalent clinical experience in a point of care testing environment preferred.
- Over 300 hours of experience in a busy, CLIA waived lab setting performing in-house testing and assisting in lab specimen collection and processing preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to navigate all Microsoft Office products.
- Previous experience with electronic medical records software (Epic preferred).
- Previous experience in leadership valued.
- Able to manage projects independently and/or with little direct supervision.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.