Clinic Support Specialists are essential to the multi-disciplinary medical team of Outside In, often serving marginalized, low-income, and homeless clients. They provide reception, make appointments, and register new patients. Clinic Support Specialists assist clients navigating the Oregon Health Plan, support clinic staff, and help to coordinate outreach at our mobile medical clinic and school-based health center.
This position is 40 hours a week, with full medical and dental benefits and 27 paid days off in the first year. Pay is $14.50/hr. The application deadline is 7/23/17.
- Engage as a member of a patient-centered, primary care, medical home care team.
- Provide intake, registration, scheduling and administrative support at the downtown clinic and sometimes at outreach sites including Clackamas Service Center and Milwaukee High School.
- Verify patient insurance and copayments.
- Accept cash, check, or credit card payments from clients, providing change, processing transactions and ensuring receipts balance.
- Answer phone calls and assist with phone system.
- Coordinate with back clinic staff to ensure accurate scheduling of appointments.
- Answer email and MyChart communications.
- Maintain an environment conducive to patient comfort and confidentiality.
- Provide referrals for clients to various community agencies.
- Assist qualified patients applying for health insurance benefits through the Oregon Health Plan.
- Promote accuracy and efficiency in front desk procedures and paperwork.
- Assist providers and medical assistants with patient follow-up.
- Provide daily scanning, data entry and troubleshooting of patient paperwork using Epic EMR.
- Assist with training of front office staff and volunteers.
- Support medical providers and medical assistants as needed.
- Bilingual spoken English/Spanish required.
- Ability to handle crisis situations and multiple tasks in a setting with a high volume of patients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong reception and administrative skills, with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, gender, socioeconomic and sexual preference backgrounds.
- Adaptability to new technology and software, including Electronic Health Records/EPIC systems.
- Medical office or medical terminology background preferred.