The Housing Program Manager is an exciting leadership role supporting culturally diverse homeless young people (ages 16-25) access the resources, and build the skills needed, to progress toward self-sufficiency and community integration. This position coordinates 28 units in the on-site Transitional Housing Program as well as supports the effective utilization of rental assistance and community housing resources. This position must ensure adequate staffing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and be available on site to clients as needed, which will include evening and weekend hours to accommodate schedules. The Housing Program Manager will utilize harm reduction, motivational interviewing, stages of change, trauma-informed care, and youth development philosophies in problem solving, crisis planning and crisis intervention. This role works within the Youth Services Department which is a vital, multi-faceted program committed to connecting with homeless youth in a respectful and youth positive manner.
This position is 40 hours a week, with full medical and dental benefits and 27 paid days off in the first year. The salary range is $40,000 - $48,000, DOQ. This position will be open until filled, with first review July 25, 2017.
- Assist in developing and communicating program expectations, policies, and procedures. Ensure compliance with housing program agreements.
- Monitor program vacancies, outcomes, budgets, documentation, assist with grant writing, and complete all reporting in a timely manner.
- Maximize program occupancy through effective outreach, referral, and screening processes. Support high rates of retention, safe exits, and follow-up among residents.
- Plan services to support youth in life skills development, including constructive use of time through community involvement and healthy recreation.
- Provide effective and timely orientation, training, supervision, and performance evaluation for all program staff, interns/students, and volunteers.
- Ensure housing spaces and supplies are safe and functional by coordinating with facilities and program staff regarding housing facility needs.
- Facilitate a self-managing, interdisciplinary team, with effective and empowered teamwork.
- Promote favorable working relationships with outside agencies to ensure coordination of services, including referrals and transfers to other programs.
- At least 3 years of supervisory/program coordination experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant Mental Health, Alcohol & Drug Treatment, homeless populations, housing programs, and/or adolescent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- MSW/MA in counseling desired.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Commitment to continual learning and quality performance.
- Excellent communication, writing, crisis intervention, and organizational skills.
- Maintain professional boundaries and performance at all times.
- Valid driver’s license.