The Community Health Outreach Worker facilitates access to the Outside In Medical Clinic, for individuals utilizing emergency rooms at an increased rate. This position assists clients to develop trusting and lasting relationships with their assigned Patient Centered Primary Care Home. The Community Health Outreach Worker may also work closely with Primary Care Teams to re-engage clients who have been lost to care in order to re-engage them with primary care. They will assess data to determine the most efficient way to seek out potential clients, and then conduct in-person outreach. Additionally, the Community Health Outreach Worker will assist in the creation of care plans to assist with decreasing unnecessary emergency room utilization.
This position is 40 hours a week, with full medical and dental benefits and 27 paid days off. Pay is $16/hour and this position is funded for 12-15 months. Position will be open until filled.
- Conduct outreach activities to link individuals with their primary care provider and improve health literacy related to the importance of preventive health and primary care services.
- Assist clients in developing a trusting relationship with their Patient Centered Primary Care Home.
- Assess and maintain the prioritized list of potential clients who have not engaged in care. Work with primary care teams to re-engage clients lost to care.
- Maintain data on the effectiveness of contacts, interventions, and outcomes.
- Participate with members of the healthcare team to develop health goals and support clients to reduce barriers. These will be formalized by the creation of care plans to assist with decreasing unnecessary emergency room utilization.
- Participate in compliance, quality assurance, and quality improvement activities as directed.
- Two years of experience working in community social service or healthcare environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in health or social service related field of study preferred.
- Current driver’s license required.
- Strong computer and database skills.
- Proven ability to attend to details, prioritize and complete multiple tasks independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to trauma-informed care principles and apply Motivational Interviewing techniques.
Demonstrated ability to relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, ages, and living circumstances.