The Clinic Support Specialist works as part of a cohesive and innovative team to provide health care to students at Rex Putnam High School and Milwaukie High School’s School Based Health Center. This position provides administrative support, care team facilitation, front office management, patient reception, and coordination of referrals and insurance assistance.
This position is 40 hours a week, with full medical and dental benefits and 27 paid days off in the first year. Pay range is $14- $14.50/hr DOQ. This position will be open until filled.
- Oversee patient intake and reception for multiple clinic shifts.
- Assist clients with all clinic and billing paperwork.
- Organize and coordinate ordering of front desk supplies and forms.
- Verify patient insurance status. Assist with health plan enrollment.
- Assist with daily processing of incoming records and records requests using the clinic Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Daily scanning, data entry and troubleshooting of patient paperwork using EMR.
- Oversee office equipment and medical records areas.
- Act as a liaison between the school district staff and the health center.
- Maintain an environment conducive to patient comfort and confidentiality.
- Support providers and clinicians to manage the healthcare needs of the patients.
- Collaborate with all clinic team members to facilitate and maximize heath care outcomes.
- Support providers and clinicians with scheduling patient follow-up.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent documentation of client visits and interactions.
- Administrative support for clinic, including providing patients with financial assistance and other resource information, paperwork, and documentation in medical record.
- Facilitate referrals for optometry and dental appointments, and various community agencies.
- Be an engaged team member of a Patient Centered Primary Care Medical Home care team.
- Work on specific projects as needed or as assigned by Clinic Operations Supervisor.
- Strong client advocacy skills.
- Experience working with underserved populations.
- Experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the following Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with either EPIC or Centricity preferred.
- Strong customer service, office management and computer skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and crises.
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and adapt to a variety of situations.
- Able to work with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and sexual preference backgrounds.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Language proficiency in language other than English highly valued.