Outside In is seeking a systems thinker to manage all aspects of Human Resources at a non-profit healthcare & social services agency. The HR Manager will maintain and enhance our human resource systems and procedures. They will collaborate with senior leadership to plan and administer a comprehensive human resources program that supports the mission, values, and culture of Outside In. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. They will be an effective and skilled communicator, and will demonstrate creativity and integrity.
This position is 40 hours a week, with full medical and dental benefits and 27 paid days off in the first year. Salary is DOQ. This position will be open until filled.
- In support of senior leadership and department managers, create and implement both talent acquisition and retention strategies that ensure appropriate staffing.
- On-boarding: Process all new employees.
- Off-boarding: Conduct exit interviews and paperwork with exiting employees.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal employment law.
- Manage all benefits administration and open enrollment.
- Provide analytical and technical support in the assessment and delivery of compensation and benefit programs to ensure that Outside In is appropriately competitive.
- Handle employee injury incidents, worker’s compensation claims, and their return to work.
- Maintain and update Employee Handbook, Supervisor’s Handbook and other HR materials. Manage the process for approval through management and the board.
- Ensure compliance with laws regarding FMLA/OFLA, wage/hour, ACA/benefits, disability, etc.
- Comply with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) status requirements.
- Track and report on employee demographics, tenure, turnover, loan forgiveness participation and other programs.
- Coordinate supervisory trainings on HR essentials; orient and train new supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of HR generalist experience in a nonprofit or healthcare environment.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or PHR, SPHR certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Expertise with labor relations.
- Strong experience with an HRIS and applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects independently and report results succinctly.
- Skilled at creating and maintaining efficient administrative systems.
- Savvy with technology; experience with HR software.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of constituencies.
- Unwavering ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive material and situations.