The role of Panel Manager is to identify, develop, implement, and monitor programs designed to improve population health of an assigned panel of patients. The Panel Manager will work closely with providers, RNs, pharmacists, Behavioral Health Specialists, and Quality Assurance Specialists to improve care for patients with chronic diseases by using reports and chart data to assess adherence to prescribed medical regimen and helping overcome barriers.
This position is 40 hours a week with full medical and dental benefits and 27 paid days off in the first year. Pay is $15.25/hr. This position will be open until filled.
- Maintain chronic disease reports and review the panel at regular intervals.
- Coordinate services for all patients who are part of the assigned panel, especially those with serious, complex or chronic health problems or with psychosocial issues.
- Use reports and other information to inform care team members of preventive care required for each patient.
- Target clients for interventions based on selected criteria.
- Facilitate information and referral services to patients and families to address their medical and psychosocial needs, including client self-management support (health coaching), plan development, and outreach.
- Develop, implement, and carry out programs in chronic disease management for patients based on chronic disease management model.
- Work with staff to track follow up from referrals.
- Assist in Care Team special projects and prior authorizations/denials for such projects.
- Act as liaison between Care Team and other departments and programs.
- Manage Care Team volunteers for projects, training, outreach efforts, etc.
- Review provider schedules and patient charts to ensure that all patient data is entered into Epic for follow-up and reporting.
- Conduct outreach to patients to schedule appointments for preventive care services.
- With providers, identify patients with chronic and/or complex medical conditions and develop interventions.
- Coordinate case management services and schedule preventive care visits for high-risk and high Emergency Department utilizing patients.
- With pharmacists, coordinate visits as needed for medication education, management, and adherence.
- With RNs and BH Specialists, promote wrap-around services to improve health outcomes.
- Develop methodologies for evaluating and tracking the success of population health interventions.
- Develop project-related deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Present updates, findings, and recommendations to clinic staff and leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Experienced with EPIC.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and manage results-oriented programs and achieve targeted goals.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and technical skills relating to data management, analysis, and presentation.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and sexual preference backgrounds.