The Nurse Care Manager at Outside In provides care management of primary care client populations with chronic illness and/or multiple co-morbidities for a primary care team and outreach sites. This position works in coordination with multiple primary care providers, behavioral health providers, and care team managers. Through skilled assessment, education, collaboration, and coordination of healthcare and community resources, the Nurse Care Manager will help clients achieve optimum functional health status and improve quality of life. This position will also support the clinic staff by providing client triage directly or by phone daily.
Note: This position is 40 hrs/week, but is temporary and of indeterminate duration. The pay range is $28.00-31.25/hr, DOQ.
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary provider team (allopathic, naturopathic, acupuncture) to provide innovative and evidence-based care.
- Actively care manage assigned panel of chronic care clients.
- Responsible for working with client and client’s care team to develop a care plan including follow-up, labs, care management, and care coordination.
- Responsible for answering panel client calls in a timely manner, including telephone advice per protocol, handle urgent calls/emergent calls, and following up with clients regarding abnormal lab results.
- Meet all clinical obligations of the health center’s medical practice: CLIA medical, HIPAA, State and Federal regulations, etc.
- Provide clinical guidance and acts as a resource for medical assistants as needed.
- Assist with triage of urgent matters that occur over the phone and in person.
- Consistently follow all standing orders and use triage and advice protocols as a guide in assisting patients.
- Apply evidence-based, cost-conscious strategies to prevention and disease management.
- Demonstrate respect, understanding and sensitivity to patient diversity as it relates to the medical experience, including appropriate use of interpretation services, knowledge of the gender identity spectrum, and cultural medical expectations.
- Maintain comprehensive and timely medical records.
- Must have Oregon RN license.
- Strong assessment skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Bilingual Spanish & English highly desirable.
- Experience with chronic disease management and homeless & high risk populations highly desirable.
- Experience with providing of primary care with this population is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Epic highly desirable.