The LPN Clinical Supervisor will supervise Medical Assistants and is responsible for the operational support of health care delivery at Outside In’s fast paced, innovative clinic working with underserved and homeless populations across multiple facilities. Responsibilities include support of all primary care teams, supervision of clinic panel management and medical assistants, oversight of program areas and staff in clinic laboratory, vaccine management, and maintenance of medical supplies/facilities.
This is a full time position. Pay range is $50,000 to $57,000.
- Support the development and implementation of high-functioning, multi-disciplinary Primary Care Teams.
- Utilize quality improvement initiatives to assist teams in coordination of patient health maintenance activities with the goal of improving patient outcomes and achieving health goals over time.
- Serve as a liaison between back and front clinic to assure smooth operations and communication.
- Provide support of the back office clinical operations of the main clinic and outreach shifts.
- Responsible for regulatory requirements in accordance with state and federal law.
- Work closely with management to meet the clinic performance expectations in the areas of quality care, service excellence, access, resource utilization and financial performance.
- Develop and maintain clinical policies, protocols, and procedures, based on evidence-based practice.
- Investigate system, work flow, and operational problems and make recommendations.
- Maintain and supervise a comprehensive inventory system for all medical supplies.
- Develop and maintain regular maintenance procedures for all medical equipment.
- Support the quality, compliance and operation of the clinic laboratory with other staff.
- Supervise quality, compliance and operation of the vaccine program in conjunction with pharmacist, clinic manager, and compliance officer.
- Partner with staff to oversee the electronic medical record (EPIC) and other technologies. Serve as a super-user to facilitate and direct computer training for new learners.
- May provide direct nursing care through registered nurse duties.
- Undertake continuous education to remain current with industry standards.
- Maintain staff by hiring, orienting, and training employees.
- Conducts regular performance evaluations, coaching of employees, discipline, and provides regular supervision meetings to all employees.
- Implements and enforces Outside In’s systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment and establishes and enforces organization standards and adherence to legal regulations.
- Current OR State Licensed Practical Nurse license.
- Two years of progressive supervisory experience.
- CPR certification.
- Prior ambulatory care experience.
- Strong computer and database skills
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to train medical assistants in clinical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to attend to details, prioritize and complete multiple tasks independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and supervisory skills with a demonstrated ability in performance management, coaching, and staff development.
- Excellent grasp of clinical and operational processes; support staff licensure and certification and scope of proactive concepts.