Reports to the Vice President – CRA/Compliance Manager. Assists with the implementation of the compliance monitoring program.
- Provides technical support and guidance to business units affected by compliance laws and regulations
- Keeps abreast of and analyzes new and pending laws and regulations
- Researches regulatory law, recent or proposed changes, guidance and interpretations as part of the Compliance Review planning process.
- Compliance Monitoring Activities
- Compliance Reviews (monitoring and testing) to assess the effectiveness of the practices used to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Prepares Compliance Review that summarizes the scope of work performed, findings, and any regulatory exceptions.
- Assists with reviewing marketing promotional materials for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Compliance regulatory exams (assists with preparation and support)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May participate in the development of Compliance standards, policies, and practices
- Back up support to other compliance department functions
- 5 Years or more related experience (recent) as a compliance officer emphasis on lending (second line of defense)
- CRCM Certification is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of consumer and commercial lending operations and related compliance laws and regulations (Federal and California)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.