YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Human Resources Analyst (HRIS) in the Human Resources Department. Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the successful candidate will be an HR professional with strong analytical skills and HR process knowledge who can provide seamless end user support for our HR Information Systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with IT, maintain and administer all human resource system applications for the company, including developing processes and ensuring data security and integrity
- Ensure systems are consistent with, and provide the necessary support for, HR policies and programs, including the administration of payroll and benefits, standard and custom reporting, organizational structure, learning and development, and employee life cycle management
- Provide ongoing support for end users, including leading and facilitating troubleshooting efforts for all system issues and developing and updating end user communication, as needed
- Collaborate with IT to understand and ensure integration between the various systems as well as troubleshoot any integration errors
- Identify areas for future enhancement and opportunities for patches and upgrades within each system; facilitate regular super user meetings to prioritize issues and enhancements
- Build detailed test scripts and coordinate end user testing prior to any system changes
- Develop and provide training for both end users and super users in collaboration with the HR Coordinator
- Support the day-to-day management of HRIS, which includes: incident review, change management, vendor relationship management, and business support
- Participate in other HR, or corporate-wide, projects, as required
Key qualifications include:
- Three years of experience working with Cloud-based Human Resource Information Systems with responsibility for system and end user support, supplemented by a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field (a concentration in Human Resources Management is a plus!); or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with SuccessFactors, Kronos, and/or Cornerstone considered a strong asset
- Experience with implementation, integration, report building, system testing, troubleshooting, and change management
- Passionate about serving customers and developing relationships with a team-first mentality
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, with experience in working with large amounts of data, solving data issues, and getting to the root causes of issues to build functional solutions
- Exceptional attention to detail with a focus on accurate data and deliverables
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and changing priorities
- Advanced knowledge of human resources, payroll, and benefits principles
- Ability to communicate technical matters in a clear and concise manner (both written and oral)
- Energized by personal development and keeping technical and HR skills up to date as technology/HRIS evolves
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in an assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.