YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator in the Human Resources Department. Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the successful candidate is responsible for delivering payroll and benefits services and ensuring compliance with all regulatory and collective agreement requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administering bi-weekly payroll for a diverse workforce that includes a mix of unionized/non-unionized, executive/non-executive, and hourly/salaried employees, including:
- Reviewing and preparing all time and attendance entries for accuracy and adherence to policies, procedures, and the collective agreement
- Liaising with system vendors, benefit providers, and pension administrators, as required
- Administering year end requirements, including T4, T5, and T2200 forms
- Responding to Canada Revenue Agency and Service Canada requests
- Administering all employee benefit programs including, but not limited to, extended health and dental, pension programs, MSP coverage, group insurance coverage, and other perquisites
- Processing employee changes on a timely basis, including new hires, position changes, terminations of employment, and retirements; prepare onboarding and termination (Records of Employment) packages
- Acting as the primary contact for all employee questions with respect to compensation and benefits
- Assisting with annual payroll and pension plan audits
- Preparing payroll and benefit related reports for federal and provincial regulatory bodies, as well as for management and the union, as required
- Establishing, maintaining, and organizing employee records, ensuring all data is administered correctly, on time, and in compliance with privacy legislation
Key qualifications include:
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a similar role in a unionized environment, supplemented by completion of the CPA Management Program and courses in accounting with thorough knowledge of current payroll practices, legislation, rules and regulations; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of Kronos and SuccessFactors would be an asset, as well as payroll and HRM systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent customer service with proven ability to deal with employees at all levels of an organization
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management skills in order to maintain deadlines
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy
- Team-first mentality but also able to work independently
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in an assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.