YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Human Resources Coordinator in the Human Resources Department. Reporting to the Manager, Organizational Change, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic HR professional who will coordinate and provide key support for our Talent Strategy and employee programs, including Learning & Development, Onboarding, and Rewards & Recognition.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating training for our corporate learning and development programs to ensure positive learning experiences for course participants and business partners; this includes: liaising with facilitators, developing communications, scheduling courses, providing day of course logistical support, and supporting post-course sustainment activities
- Conducting HR analytics for our employee programs by compiling relevant data and reports, analysing data, identifying trends, and providing recommendations
- Playing a key role in our new employee onboarding program, including leading orientations, coordinating first year training, and completing administrative activities, with the goal to provide a positive experience for new hires
- Supporting our Rewards & Recognition, Performance Management, and other HR programs by coordinating key program events, maintaining effective tracking, communicating with vendors and internal stakeholders, budgeting and forecasting, and providing general administrative support
- Participating in other HR, or corporate-wide, projects, as required
Key qualifications include:
- A motivated self-starter with two years’ recent, related experience, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or a related field (a concentration in Human Resources Management is a plus!); or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong customer experience orientation with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Experience working with Human Resource Information Systems
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
- Strong analytical skills with experience in compiling and analyzing reports and metrics
- A team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong work ethic, high level of enthusiasm and ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Interest in personal development and keeping current in human resource practices through external resources
- CPHR designation would be an asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in an assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.