YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 13 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-vancouver-airport.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for an Emergency Planning and Information Coordinator in the Airport Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Emergency Planning, the successful candidate will provide support in the areas of planning and information management as it relates to emergencies.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Emergency Management
- Supporting the overall management and implementation of the YVR Airport Authority Emergency Management Program
- Designing, writing and maintaining clear, well-defined emergency response materials, including emergency plans, procedures, checklists and guides
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders and ensuring stakeholders receive information in a clear and concise manner as required
- Supporting in the development of proper response protocols and ensuring they are updated and accurate
- Coordinating the documentation, tracking system and follow-up of lessons learned/best practices from exercises and incident briefings
- Providing support to ensure YVR meets all regulations and policies, and incorporating emergency and aviation best practices into the overall emergency program
2. Information Management
- Supporting the management and enhancement of the Operations Centre team’s SharePoint site
- Ensuring personnel have clear and concise access to information, on paper and electronically, in the event of an emergency
- Supporting with the structure and organization of emergency information content across interdepartmental platforms
- Monitoring and maintaining dashboard for tracking statistics of emergency events; supporting in initiating and tracking of any required follow-up
- Using industry best practice, monitoring trends and providing recommendations on information optimization tools/technology for easy access to information in emergency events
- Supporting the team in all other tasks, as required, including workshops, training and exercise administration
Key qualifications include:
- Two to three years of recent, related experience, supplemented by a technical diploma/associate’s degree, preferably in Airport Operations, Emergency Management, Technology Management, Knowledge and Information Management Systems or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to quickly evaluate large amounts of complex information, make recommendations and streamline into a clear documentation and/or process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team in order to meet deadlines and achieve the team’s overall objectives
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to engage collaboratively and effectively with internal and external teams, clients and other associated stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of computer programs, including proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint.
- Keen interest and demonstrated ability to learn and adapt in a non-structured environment, including the ability to become proficient in new software systems
- Previous experience working in an airline/airport operations environment and/or developing SharePoint sites are assets
- Knowledge of emergency management standards, industry regulations and best practices is an asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.