YVR Project Management (YVRPM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Vancouver Airport Authority that was established in 2005 to oversee major expansion projects at YVR and has a reputation for delivering projects on time and on budget.
YVRPM has a permanent, full-time Administrative Clerk opportunity. Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the President, YVRPM, the successful candidate will provide administrative support including file management, supply maintenance and special assignments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Filing and archiving all project documentation, carefully cross-referencing to ensure accuracy
- Processing meeting minutes by deciphering and typing information from rough draft notes into a standardized form and distributing accordingly
- Preparing and distributing weekly and monthly reports
- Ordering supplies and maintaining office equipment
- Completing special assignments such as creating binders, forms and filing indexes, updating files, maintaining logs and binders, assisting with Request for Quotation and Project Definition Report document compilation, etc.
- Acting as the first point of contact for YVRPM, answering phones, handling walk-in inquiries, booking boardrooms, dispatching couriers and other related receptionist duties
- Preparing and tracking tenant authorization forms and tenant costs; managing Excel spreadsheets
- Providing back-up support to the Executive Assistant as required
Key qualifications include:
- Completion of one to two years of post-secondary education, including computer and business related courses
- Experience in a reception and/or customer service related role
- Proven skill in MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to operate business equipment such as a multi-line phone, photocopier, scanner and cerlox
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Keen attention to detail as this position requires repetitive handling of a large volume of documents through various levels of processing
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize duties
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
The Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. If required we are able to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability throughout the selection process.