YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have permanent, full-time opportunities for our Manager, Airport Terminal Projects role in the Engineering Projects Department. Reporting to the Director, Engineering Projects, the successful candidates will be responsible for managing, planning, developing and implementing airport terminal capital projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing detailed requirements, conceptual designs, cost estimates, schedules and recommendations based on sound business principles in order to prepare Sustainability Case Documents (SCD), Project Definition Reports (PDR) and Project Approval Requests (PAR) for senior management and board approvals of airport capital projects
- Managing the implementation of projects including:
- Selecting consultants
- Developing project requirements
- Seeking requirements from Airport Operations and Maintenance
- Seeking airline requirements
- Developing and evaluating options
- Developing time, cost and quality control plans
- Reviewing technical design
- Ensuring Airport Safety and Security are fully incorporated
- Ensuring competitive tendering
- Maintaining projects on budget and within scope
- Monitoring progress of construction
- Taking corrective action when established time, cost and quality do not meet YVR requirements
- Reviewing and approving all progress payment claims
- Reviewing change orders
- Accepting completed work
- Facilitating, commissioning and turnover of completed work to YVR Maintenance and Operations
- Providing support and direction to the assigned team – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
- Maintaining currency in project management and construction practices, aviation industry developments and airport requirements
Key qualifications include:
- 8 to 12 years of recent, progressive experience managing building projects supplemented by a university degree in civil engineering or other related field and experience managing at least one building project, from concept to completion, of $25 - $50M in value; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of British Columbia or eligible for professional registration
- Proven experience managing a project team with three to five professionals, as well as, stakeholders, consultants and contractors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with proficiency in the the English language with respect to report writing and giving oral presentations
- Demonstrated experience giving effective presentations
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- High energy, well organized, detail oriented and adaptable to changing priorities
- Motivated, dedicated and committed to safety and excellence
- Good teamwork skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.