YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Business Analyst in the Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Technology Services, the successful candidate will have a strong background in business intelligence (BI), reporting, data quality and data governance practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide subject matter expertise in core business intelligence functions (including but not limited to: process improvement, data mining, data gathering, data quality assessments, reporting, data governance, data stewardship, reporting and data visualization)
- Manage and maintain all data governance related documentation such as data definitions, data models, business rules, security rules, and process maps
- Coordinate with application business analysts and business owners to resolve of data integrity gaps and implement appropriate controls to mitigate future data issues
- Establish an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Develop and maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the system, including making recommendations on how users can best utilize our BI tools to accomplish their functional objectives; research and utilize new features of our BI application
- Interface with functional users to define and document functional requirements for business intelligence and reporting needs
- Coordinate and communicate status, functional requirements, project priorities, operational impacts
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with our internal and external customers
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management/business information systems or a related field, supplemented by 5+ years of Business Analyst experience (intermediate to senior level) with demonstrated ability in analyzing business requirements, building business cases, managing change, and applying technology; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of notable BI reporting tools, concepts and approaches
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Strong project management skills, including proven on-time, on-budget delivery of medium scale projects
- Ability to understand data and information and convert this into insights
- Strong analytics manager which includes the ability to understand a business problem and determine the relevant data needed to derive the necessary information to make a recommendation or decision
- Solid relationship building skills with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Motivated self-starter
This position is open to both Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.