YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Business Analyst in the Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Technology Services, the successful candidate will have a strong background in business analysis and technical program management expertise to manage the business and technology aspects of operational systems that are composed of multiple, complex business processes and technology systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Eliciting and articulating user, system and operational requirements including, but not limited to, development of process maps / flows and process descriptions, requirements workshops, scope definition, feature definition, use case development, and business analysis
- Developing business cases, including cost/benefit analyses
- Managing multiple, simultaneous projects
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of operational systems, which includes: incident review, change management, vendor management, relationship management and business unit support
- Managing performance of multiple vendors – defining, negotiating and overseeing compliance of service level and license agreements
- Building strong client relationships with business areas
- Recommending and implementing business solutions in response to the documented business requirements from various departments
- Leading system implementations
- Configuring, testing and troubleshooting issues with software solutions
- Designing, testing and troubleshooting integrations between software solutions
- Preparing and delivering presentations; facilitating business requirements and process review workshops
- Facilitating project deliverables and liaising with technical and business staff on the development and actualization of the requirements
- Translating documented requirements into functional specifications
- Documenting business workflows with an appropriate business tool such as Visio
- Ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner
- Conducting stakeholder analysis and change management
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management/business information systems or a related field, supplemented by 5+ years of Business Analyst experience (intermediate to senior level) with demonstrated ability in analyzing business requirements, building business cases, managing change, and applying technology; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills to promote/negotiate client group acceptance and implementation of new/revised programs/products and services
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity while under time constraints
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills, including proven on-time, on-budget delivery of medium scale projects
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to build effective client relationships and negotiate win-win outcomes
- Excellent documentation skills, including workflow documentation
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent is an asset
This position is open to both Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.