YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
The Vancouver Airport Authority has a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Contract Administrator in the Customer Care Department. Reporting to the Manager, Customer Care Programs, the successful candidate will be responsible for the execution, administration and day-to-day management of customer care service contracts. This role also contributes significantly to the contractor selection process, from providing input on contract specifications through to the on-boarding of new service providers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day execution, administration, management and operation of the service contracts for: janitorial services, passenger baggage carts, pest control, interior plants, waste management, recycling/organics management, seat repairs, the aquarium, facilities repair, the art program and any additional contracts that may arise
- Monitoring and auditing service contract performance to ensure contractors are meeting or exceeding YVR’s service standards and to ensure YVR is getting the best value possible
- Assisting with the management of operational and capital budgets
- Reviewing and approving service contract invoices
- Playing a significant role in the selection and implementation of new service contracts
- Working closely with contractors and other YVR departments to find ways to increase sustainability
- Looking for and implementing innovations that will reduce costs, increase quality and efficiency.
- Providing input on capital projects as it relates to the impact on the delivery of customer care contracts
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred, although a combination of experience and education will be considered
- Demonstrated experience in contract management with experience overseeing multiple contract service suppliers
- Knowledge of contract administration, as well as contracting principles, processes, methods and best practices
- Knowledge of airport facilities, systems and the various organizations involved in its operation is preferred
- Proven customer service experience, preferably in the airline, tourism and/or hospitality industries
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to take control of situations and exercise sound judgment in formulating decisions in order to provide direction to both contract service suppliers and teams of Airport Authority staff
- The ability to develop and nurture highly productive relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and preparation of business cases, as well as project or service implementation
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, negotiation and conflict resolution/mediation skills
- Ability to manage time, stay organized and work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
This position is open to both Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.