Who We Are
We are a unique company whose mission statement is to Live Passionately, Awaken the Spirit, Elevate Community, and Honor Place. What distinguishes us from others is that the employees of our company are encouraged to bring this mission to life both personally and professionally in a way that is unique to them. Whether it is taking a ski run at lunch, volunteering for a cause close to your heart, or hiking a trail at sunrise, we know our employees are our best ambassadors and greatest investment.
The Online Services Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation, marketing and ongoing maintenance of the Aspen Skiing Company website aspensnowmass.com, with respect to content strategy and eCommerce optimization. This position collaborates closely with various company stakeholders, including but not limited to IT, Sales, Ticketing, Food and Beverage, Ski School, Human Resources, Events, Rental Retail and Environmental, in order to create and maintain engaging and strategic content that will inspire guests to book an Aspen Snowmass vacation, ultimately driving revenue. This position is also responsible for optimizing user experience and helping drive e-commerce transactions, as well as email marketing initiatives aimed at increasing conversion and driving business to Aspen Snowmass.
Essential Job Functions
• Manages and maintains all aspects of the Aspen Snowmass online presence including creative, content, timelines, project coordination, usability testing and analytics with departments and stakeholders for aspensnowmass.com and all related company websites.
• Identifies key industry trends, customer needs, and competitive insights and applies learnings to aspensnowmass.com.
• Evaluates reporting and analytics to make meaningful, strategic decisions and e-commerce optimizations for aspensnowmass.com.
• Manages and coordinates the planning, design, deployment and reporting of email campaigns with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager.
• Works closely with Director of Digital Applications and IT Product Manager, Senior Digital Marketing Manager, developers and web agencies to plan and implement site goals.
• Oversees ongoing content task distribution and content management training (Sitecore) performed by all business units within Aspen Skiing Company.
• Creates and anticipates content strategy for website tonality and development of SEO friendly content.
• Anticipates promotional and event deadlines, as well as other strategic company content and proactively make changes or updates accordingly.
• Works closely with IT and Ticketing on e-commerce updates and upgrades including implemetation and strategic enhancements, primarily around image creation. Handles all interfacing from main website to e-commerce and usability improvements for guests leading to increased conversions.
• Interacts with digital agencies on strategic direction for digital display advertising including tour operators, endemic, networks and community partnership agreements with Senior Digital Marketing Manager.
• Works closely with third party marketing organizations such as ACRA, Snowmass Tourism, and Stay Aspen Snowmass, to collaborate on community-wide digital initiatives, SEM and efforts to drive referral traffic to the respective sites.
• Collaborates on digital advertising display creative and implementation.
• Manages and implements Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing strategies with the assistance of digital agencies.
• Interfaces with vendors and manages implementation of snow and grooming report systems to support current digital needs and ensure accuracy of online reporting.
• Interfaces with IT department to communicate requirements from internal systems to support current digital needs.
• Trains all departments on the use of the website administration tools and style guides.
• Insures brand integrity and consistency with style guidelines adhering to all applications of the web, secondary sites, digital advertising and partnerships.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses
• Experience with PhotoShop required.
• Possess a fundamental understanding of digital technologies as well as content management systems and tools and how they interface with websites and digital technology. Experienced Sitecore End User/Digital Marketing Suite preferred.
• Familiarity with digital strategy with regards to site promotion, online conversion, strategic enhancements, personalization, usability testing and next generation digital solutions.
• Experience working with Google Anayltics and reporting and core understanding of SEO/SEM and related tactics. Experience with Tableau a plus.
• Experience with mobile apps and push notifications a plus.
• Experience working with Silverpop or other email marketing platforms.
• Ability to look at analytics and reporting and make meaningful strategic decisions based off site trends.
• Good experience with mobile web presentation theory and responsive design methodologies, user testing and mobile e-commerce.
• Must be able to lead, motivate and encourage others and possess very strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Proven experience managing and projecting budgets.
• Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to anticipate deadlines and other strategic company content and proactively make changes or updates accordingly.
• Bachelor's Degree with preferred emphasis in digital marketing and/or IT.
• 5+ years of experience with digital marketing in a related field.
• 90 % of time spent inside
• 10 % of time spent outside (level/uneven terrain)
• 50 % of time spent sitting
• 50 % of time spent standing
• 10 % of time bending/twisting
• 10 % of time spent squatting/pivoting
• 10 % of time spent crawling/kneeling
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to push/pull 25 pounds