The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Mix and serve beverages, maintaining set costs and presentation. Oversee security of beverages. Serve guests at the level of proficiency established by management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Take orders for all beverage requests from service staff
• Answer telephone according to standard procedure
• Responsible for bar keys, ensure their safe return
• Responsible for the security of beverages in the bar and in the hotel beverage refrigerator
• Make beverages according to procedure
• Is responsible for proper opening and closing of bar and side work
• Clean and polish bar glassware
• Complete general supply requisition weekly
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of bar
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of serving equipment
• Stack and handle china, glass and silver to avoid breakage
• Make manager aware of guest comments and complaints
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Display knowledge of house wines, mixology, after dinner drinks and beverage list
• Is familiar with and follows Colorado liquor laws, does not serve intoxicated guests or minors
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your Supervisor assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department, The Little Nell and The Aspen Skiing Company
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety regulations and procedures
• Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management and the established emergency plan
• Will report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time, If unable to report for work, notify manager in adequate time frame as outlined in employee handbook
Education, Experience & Skills:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Six months to 1-year bartending experience required.
• Basic knowledge of drinks recipes, wines, cognacs, brandies and beverages.
• Command of the English language
• Ability to carry heavy loads such as trays and tables (40-60 pounds)
• Ability to pull heavy loads (300 pounds)
• Standing, bending, and stooping required.