It’s been called Aspen’s “finest spot to wine, dine and unwind.” The name element 47 pays tribute to silver, the precious metal that first put Aspen on the map, and to the finest silver service cuisine —for breakfast, lunch, après and dinner, 7 days a week. Our team of culinary and wine professionals is one very good reason our hotel has enjoyed the rare Five-Star, Five-Diamond ranking for so long. In 2015, element 47 received its first Five-Star Restaurant Award, the only one among Aspen restaurants. Whether you ski in for lunch, drop in at the bar for a more casual rendezvous, or join us for the most special of occasions, you’ll be greeted with warmth, not formality.
The back server will serve food and beverage in a timely, friendly, and professional manner according to established standards and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve food to guests according to standards
• Assist in clearing dishes from guests
• Expedite food from kitchen to guest
• Is responsible for station set-up and side work
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of serving equipment
• Stack and handle china, glass and silver to avoid breakage
• Clean kitchen pick-up service station throughout shift
• Assist in closing jobs (i.e. re-set dining room, stock equipment, etc.
• Attend daily pre-meal meetings
• Maintain positive communication with service and kitchen staff
• Make manager aware of guest’s comments and complaints
• Display knowledge of all menu items
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Carries tools necessary to perform job, i.e. crumbers, corkscrew, etc.
• Is knowledgeable of 5 star standards and adheres to them in every aspect of operations
Education, Experience & Skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Command of the English language
• Six months to one year related experience required
• Basic knowledge of wine, food and cooking methods
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Aspen Skiing Company Hospitality standards.
Physical requirements of the position include:
• Ability to carry heavy loads such as trays and tables (40-60 pounds)
• Ability to pull heavy loads (300 pounds)
• Standing, bending, and stooping required