Are you a multi-tasker who thrives in coordinating and setting up events (like X-GAMES!!)? Aspen Skiing Company is seeking it's next Catering Operations Coordinator!
The Food & Beverage Catering Operations Coordinator is responsible for general assistance in all on mountain administrative and guest relations related duties as well for ASC Catering.
Essential Job Functions
• Communicates daily with DOC, Catering Sales Manager and Catering Event Manager, ensuring any urgent requests or issues are brought to light immediately.
• Supports the DOC, Catering Sales Manager and Catering Events Manager in all administrative needs including specific report generation & tracking of data through the generation & maintenance of excel spreadsheets Manage the administration and distribution of all Event Orders (EO’s)
• Attends weekly EO meetings and is prepared to answer staffing questions
• Manages the administration of all weekly catering reports
• Has a reasonable understanding of the ASC Catering business and its operations and is able to contribute in an effective way for employees and guests
• Distributes inter-office mail and checks mailboxes for suites R and S
• Work with Catering Event Manager to coordinate rental equipment including determining the needs list, ordering rentals and coordinating drop off and pick up times for events.
• Works with Catering Event Manager to coordinate staff uniforms, nametags, dry cleaning. Maintains inventory and ordering new items as needed. Manages the return of shirts and follow up with staff for proper return of uniform items.
• Manages catering vehicles sign out use & necessary maintenance.
• Assist with the development of ASC Catering marketing programs, including collateral and website content and updates
• Work with DOC to promote business and stimulate contact and sales through local contacts
• Assist with scheduling FOH staff, check ins/out for larger events (be on site for event), assist Catering Event Manager with staff transportation coordination and vehicles.
• Meet deadlines and communicates regularly on assigned projects
• Types all correspondence for Catering: menus, tasting notes, letters, memos, promotional mailings, and flyers, in a timely manner
• Assist in F&B Outlets/Concierge Services during peak periods or staff shortages as requested.
• Manages office duties and supplies including, tracking Amazon and Staples orders for division copier/printer issues; office cleanliness and orderliness, well as any other office equipment, answers phones, transfers to appropriate extension or takes messages, handle guest or vendor requests when appropriate.
• Assist with the organization of the catering storage units, on an as needed basis
• Assist with special projects for other Ski Company related facilities
• Is familiar with fire and safety procedures. Assists in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
•Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
•Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
•Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
•Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
•Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
•High school diploma or equivalent required
•College degree preferred
•2 years previous administrative experience required
•2 years previous catering and hospitality sales experience preferred
•Strong typing skills and excellent telephone skills required
•Strong Computer knowledge required, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.