At DCM, we deliver integrated industrial and commercial construction, maintenance and turn-around services. With a tremendous depth of knowledge, extensive experience and demonstrated success in many markets across Canada and internationally, we build lasting partnerships with clients.
Our mission is to be an industry leader by creating a family of talented individuals in a culture of innovation, safety, quality, efficiency and fun. We are proud to work with talented and qualified employees who bring a variety of skills to our group, as these skills contribute directly to the growth and success of our business.
The Steamfitter/Pipefitter will be responsible for the installation and repair of low/high pressure piping systems and their components. Through the use of blueprints and project specifications, the Steamfitter/Pipefitter will construct and repair piping systems that carry water, steam chemicals and fuel. Other responsibilities will include the testing of systems once they are in place, troubleshooting and ensuring their ongoing functionality.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements;
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machine;
- Select type and size of pipe required;
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools;
- Weld, braze, cement, solder, and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system;
- Fusing of HDPE pipe and bonding when working with PVC and CPVC plastic pipe;
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems;
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment;
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system;
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system;
- Involved in working with power tools and heavy equipment.
- Completion of formal Apprenticeship Program;
- Steamfitter/Steamfitter/Pipefitter Red Seal Certificate;
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others;
- Perform heavy maintenance work involving climbing, rigging, and exposure to high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance with all company safety procedures;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Demonstrate practical problem solving ability. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Shift rotation, Day/Night;
- Flights are provided out of Edmonton and Calgary to CNRL;
- Ability to lift and carry objects alone or as a team;
- Required to use power and hand tools to complete work.