DAWCO, a member of DCM Group, is currently seeking an electrical estimator to join the team.
At DCM, we deliver efficient integrated industrial and commercial construction, maintenance and turn-around services. With a tremendous depth of knowledge, extensive experience and demonstrated success in many markets across Canada and internationally, we build lasting partnerships with clients.
Our mission is to be an industry leader by creating a family of talented individuals in a culture of innovation, safety, quality, efficiency and fun. We are proud to work with talented and qualified employees who bring a variety of skills to our group, as these skills contribute directly to the growth and success of our business.
Under the authority of the team leader, the estimator’s main responsibilities will be to prepare detailed estimates, negotiate and validate bids and ensure cost control for project delivery.
- Prepare bid documents and participate in the bidding process;
- Prepare estimate requests from subcontractors, distributors and follow up with the team and with Purchasing if necessary;
- Be involved with the lead estimator in the interpretation of plans and specifications;
- Analyze and evaluate various contractual clauses;
- Carry out surveys of the quantities of material needed according to project plans and specifications;
- Prepare technical questions for consultants or contractors;
- Conduct various site/bid visits;
- Carry out all other related tasks or duties.
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC) or Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in electricity or any other combination of training/relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of plan reading, ability to read isometric drawings;
- Accuracy and precision in the preparation of bids;
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and resourcefulness;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Site experience
- Ability to work in a team;
- A least five (5) years of experience;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical material (piping is an asset);
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Group insurance plan;
- Group RRSP;
- Flexible work schedule;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- Social and team-building activities;
- Training activities;
- Free parking.