At DCM, we deliver efficient integrated industrial and commercial construction, maintenance and turn-around services. With a tremendous depth of knowledge, extensive experience and demonstrated success in many markets across Canada and internationally, we build lasting partnerships with clients.
Our mission is to be an industry leader by creating a family of talented individuals in a culture of innovation, safety, quality, efficiency and fun. We are proud to work with talented and qualified employees who bring a variety of skills to our group, as these skills contribute directly to the growth and success of our business.
The Skilled Laborer job duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials and using a variety of tools and machines. Due to the nature of the work the Skilled Laborer must be willing and able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team. Site specific training may be given to the Skilled Laborer to qualify them for certain tasks such as confined space monitoring, gas monitoring and fire watch. Laborers must be very safety oriented and follow all safety procedures closely while on the job.
You can apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site.
• Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to different work areas;
• Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities;
• Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel;
• Remove rubble and other debris from construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment;
• Perform other activities at construction site, as directed.
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, and dusty environments.
• Physically fit with the ability to lift 30lbs
• A positive, safety-conscious attitude to ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate practical problem solving ability.
• Confined Space
• Fire Watch
• Class 5 License
• Forklift Ticket (Considered an Asset but not required)
• Zoom Boom Ticket (Considered an Asset but not required)
• Local to Edmonton or surrounding areas; Site located in Fort Saskatchewan AB
• Must have personal transportation to and from work site
• Required to use power and hand tools to complete work;
• Shift: 7 & 7 Rotation ; 10 hrs./day ; Shift is subject to change