Shea Properties – Find Awesome.
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate. With a portfolio that includes 8,100 apartment units and 4.9 million square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and Washington—and an amazing pipeline of future projects—Shea Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea’s Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WorkWithShea.com and follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.
The Floating Service Technician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the several apartment communities in accordance with Shea Properties standards, policies and procedures. The Service Technician performs carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, masonry, appliance and other general and preventative maintenance repairs.
The Floating Service Technician, as with all Shea team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Follows all safety procedures and regulations.
- Performs specific carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, masonry and other general maintenance duties in accordance with Company standards and local city, state and federal building codes when applicable. May repair/maintain various property emergency and security systems.
- Performs maintenance service requests (work orders) for the apartment community and completes related paper work in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance turnover work, noting safety equipment used and regulation followed on vacant apartments utilizing the move-in/move-out checklist, detailed unit status report, and company policies and procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance in accordance with the community’s preventative maintenance program.
- Under the direction of the Service Manager, organizes parts and materials required for maintenance service requests and plans maintenance work in advance to ensure efficient completion of all maintenance work.
- Assists in maintaining inventory by properly monitoring and recording inventory items.
- Maintains all storage facilities, equipment and the maintenance workshop in a neat and orderly working condition.
- Regularly provides information to the Property Management Staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the community to ensure, high quality, safe living environment for the residents and marketability of the community.
- Retrieves and dispenses of any visible trash or garbage on the property in route to work assignments.
- Provides on-call maintenance for evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Provides and maintains his/ her own hand tools customarily used in the industry and building trades.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Perform maintenance related tasks including painting, carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, plumbing, and pool maintenance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Manage projects through planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Operate hand tools.
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to create and close out work orders
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous building/apartment related maintenance experience. Specialized courses in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, and carpentry preferred.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.