Shea Properties – Find Awesome.
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate. With a portfolio that includes 8,100 apartment units and 4.9 million square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and Washington—and an amazing pipeline of future projects—Shea Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea’s Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WorkWithShea.com and follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.
The Customer Service Representative coordinates and facilitates customer service requests, provides back up to team members, and completes special projects as directed by management staff. .
The Customer Service Representative, as with all members of the Shea Properties Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Answers telephone calls and efficiently responds to resident inquires. Provides courteous customer service to residents, vendors, and general public.
- Completes maintenance work orders and service requests from residents and follows through to ensure completion. Contacts residents at completion of customer service requests to ensure all issues have been resolved satisfactorily.
- Coordinates requests from residents to provide specialized services such as picking up mail, watering plants and feeding pets.
- Updates and maintains a directory of local services, including schools, shopping, churches, parks, restaurants, transportation, community advents, etc. Provides information to assist residents as requested.
- Completes and tracks telephone calls to residents, including follow up calls, welcome calls and apartment work orders.
- Maintains a supply of updated brochures with Chamber of Commerce and encourages referrals.
- Creates amenities to acknowledge new babies, weddings, and any other special resident highlights as approved and directed by the Community Manager or Assistant Community Manager.
- Orders tickets to events, makes restaurant reservations, orders taxis or limousines as requested by resident.
- Accepts delivery of packages from UPS, Federal Express, etc. and delivers to apartment as requested by resident.
- Provides referral service to outside sources for maid service, car detailers, baby sitters, etc.
- Plans, organize and set up resident functions. Attends resident functions to ensure smooth implementation.
- Coordinates the preparation of resident event flyers with the marketing department for email and delivery.
- Communicate events through vehicles such as activity boards, building link/Action Build and social pages.
- Uses computer software to develop newsletters and other communications for distribution to residents and prospective residents.
- Assist with maintaining key control in accordance with company policies and procedures for all associates and vendors.
- Uses designated computer software, accurately inputs data.
- Sources, maintains and develops list of activity vendors (fitness classes, cooking classes, etc.) Measure success of activities through resident surveys.
- Develops and maintains relationship with local businesses and vendors.
- Purchase and maintain all hospitality supplies within the annual budget.
- Reviews websites on a regular basis and retains pertinent articles for resident perusal.
- Operates and understands YARDI, Yieldstar, AVID and all other property software.
- Assist with tours and leasing apartments when directed to do so by ACM or CM.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle resident complaints and direct them to the Asst. Community Manager or Community Manager when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity and exercises confidentiality in all areas of his/her performance.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Customer service experience required in at least one of the following industries: property management, hospitality, retail, real estate.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook), Yardi preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.