Shea Properties – Find Awesome.
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate. With a portfolio that includes 8,100 apartment units and 4.9 million square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and Washington—and an amazing pipeline of future projects—Shea Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea’s Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WorkWithShea.com and follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.
The Leasing Specialist (Consultant) is responsible for presenting and leasing a community to prospective residents, leasing apartments, providing customer service, renewals, and participating in the marketing of the community. The Leasing Specialist works in conjunction with the property management team to achieve the leasing goals established for the property as well as the goals of Shea Properties.
The Leasing Specialist, as with all Shea team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Participates in lineup every morning.
- Opens and inspects the models and the market “ready” vacants daily to ensure they are presentable in accordance to established standards. Ensures leasing center is open and ready for business on time each day. Maintains office presentation in a professional manner. Assists with closing and securing the office and models daily.
- Answers telephone and email leads by responding to leasing inquiries.
- Responds to all Vaultware, PopCard and internet leads on a daily basis.
- Writes and posts a minimum of three Craigslist ads daily and possibly more if directed by Supervisor to do so.
- Must follow Yieldstar pricing procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Greets and presents property to prospective residents through personalized tours. Gathers information regarding needs, and qualification of prospective resident. Conducts follow-up with prospects.
- Leases apartments by actively marketing and promoting the apartment community.
- Responsible for accurately and timely Yardi input for all telephone, email and walk-in traffic. Also responsible for inputting rentals and cancellations.
- Compiles welcome paperwork with lease, associated addendums and forms in compliance with policies and procedures. Establishes move-in appointments for reviewing the lease and lease documents with new residents.
- Upon move-in, completes a thorough walk through of apartment and community amenities with the new residents.
- Gathers competitive market information weekly/monthly through telephone calls, internet research and site visits.
- Prepares routine reports (weekly and quarterly market survey) and shares information with on-site management team. Shops the competition to compare sales technique, pricing strategy and merchandising.
- Works with the team assigned to ensures all information is input into Yardi by the close of each business day.
- Champions their individual Leasing Fundamentals process.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate and current priority wait list and assures all prospects are kept in constant communication with leasing availability.
- Provides customer service per Shea core values and customer care service standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle resident concerns and direct them to the ACM and CM when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Six months sales and/or customer service experience
- Apartment leasing experience preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Yardi preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or some college preferred.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.