Please read the following carefully before signing.
Trimble Employment Data Privacy Statement
This website allows you to apply for career opportunities at Trimble and its affiliated companies. This statement is to notify you of the practices that will govern the processing of personal information you provide on the employment section of this website and to obtain your consent for the use of this personal information consistent with this notice.
The Staffing application you are about to enter has been designed to accommodate the needs of a candidate to quickly search for job matches within Trimble and submit a profile with resume, on-line. This application not only provides easy access to job openings but also Company information which can aid a candidate in their decision making either about the Company or the position available. The state of the art technology allows candidates to be tracked throughout the Staffing process, even if the candidate is being considered for multiple openings. Since this application collects personal data, we provide you with the following information about the technology and how your personal data will be handled.
YOUR CONSENT HERETO IS REQUIRED OTHERWISE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONSIDER OR PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION
Purpose of Data Collection
- Build and maintain an applicant pool of active seekers as well as passive job seekers.
- Identify and align a candidate to an appropriate opening(s).
- Track resumes through the process.
- Help a candidate to determine their qualifications for all positions for which they may wish to apply.
- Assist in the evaluation and matching of positions and skill sets acquired through acquisitions and those positions being eliminated due to restructuring, etc.
- Provide the candidate with the opportunity to investigate and better understand career choices through visibility to requirements for all roles.
- Web-based application with initial access through the intranet using a standard browser for internal candidates and for external candidates initial access is through the internet using a standard browser. Return access to modify ones own information is the same process although a login and password is required.
- Individual resumes and personal data is stored on a secure server located in the United States. An adequate level of privacy protection (in terms of the European Commission’s Directive on Data Protection) is maintained by the provider of this service joining the Safe Harbor framework. http://export.gov/safeharbor/
- System maintained in compliance with our organization's IT's application policies and procedures.
Recipient(s) of Candidate Personal Data
- Internal individuals will have 24x7 access to the data they have already submitted through the intranet using a standard browser, login, and password.
- External individuals will have 24x7 access to the data they already submitted through the internet using a standard browser, login, and password.
- The information provided by the individual will be available to Staffing Consultant(s) during movement through the staffing process via the Consultant's login and password.
- During specific segments of the process, i.e. on-site interview, the information provided by the individual will be available to Human Resource Consultants (HRC's) and managers in addition to the Staffing Consultant via the HRC's or manager's login and password.
Candidate's Right to Access, Rectify, Delete, and Modify Data Already Provided
- Individuals will have 24x7 access to check, modify, or add to the data they already provided, either through the intranet or through the internet using a standard browser, login and password.
- Additionally the candidate can require Trimble to delete and remove all its data by sending a request to the below indicated contact details
How do we collect personal information?
We obtain personal information about you when you provide information on employment application forms, through the resume posting and the sign-in process. You need not provide any employment application information to view job openings.
What personal information do we collect?
We request your name, address, city, country, state, postal code, telephone and email address, as well as, information regarding your job preferences, current and prior employment, referral source, competencies, education, language proficiencies, licenses and certificates, analytical skills, references and self-identification information may be requested. There is also an opportunity to provide a free-form resume/CV.
How do we use this personal information?
The information you provide will be used to evaluate your qualifications and adequately fill job openings and provide for career planning. If you are chosen for a particular job opening, we will retain this information and process it for personnel, administrative or other purposes related to your employment with Trimble and its affiliates. In order to evaluate your information, it may be transferred to another location in the world, including a country or jurisdiction that may not provide the same level of data protection as the jurisdiction where you are located. Wherever the information is transferred, it will be subject to this policy. If you are not chosen for a particular job opening for which you apply, we will contact you and ask for your consent to retain the information in our system in order to consider your application should another job opportunity come up which may suit your background and interests. Trimble will use the contact information to reach you regarding receipt of information from you and other employment related communications. Your email address and password will be used to identify you. The optional self-identification information will not be used in connection with consideration for employment, and will be used when applicable laws require processing this information for government reporting.
How do we safeguard personal information?
We take reasonable measures including encryption to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of the information that you provide.
Will we disclose the personal information that we collect?
We will share the personal information collected with Trimble and its affiliated companies that have a business need to review your information in order to consider your qualifications for a position. If Trimble employs you, we will share the information with Trimble, affiliated companies and business partners to process for personnel, administrative or other purposes related to your employment. Notwithstanding the above disclosures, we will disclose personal information when required or permitted by law or for purposes relevant to Trimble's Corporate Policies.
How may I access my personal information?
You may visit the Candidate Gateway Applicant Homepage where you may update applicant, contact and password information.
What happens if this privacy statement changes?
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. If Trimble updates or changes this privacy statement, the changes will be made on this page. Your continued use of the Trimble employment website following the posting of changes to this privacy statement will mean you accept those changes and terms of this privacy statement.
By providing us with your personal information and clicking “Agree" below, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as the legal jurisdiction in which you are located.
By clicking "Agree" button, I am indicating that I have read this Trimble Employment Data Privacy Statement and consent to providing this information on the terms set out therein. To browse and/or bid on Trimble jobs requires acceptance of this statement.
Where can I obtain further information about this privacy statement?
If you have any queries about this statement or your personal information, please contact
935 Stewart Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Fax: 408-481-7780 or e-mail to