Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against cancer.
At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the lives of cancer patients every day — helping them live longer, better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer — helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery systems and software that will give new hope and new health to cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world.
OUR VISION AND MISSION is to work passionately to create a future without the fear, pain or human suffering of cancer. We pursue this by developing precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that empower clinicians and help cancer patients live longer, better lives.
Accuray develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems that make cancer treatments shorter, safer, personalized and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives. Our radiation treatment delivery systems in combination with fully-integrated software solutions set the industry standard for precision and cover the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery procedures.
The Product Development Technician is responsible for assisting in various Product Development projects. Duties include: maintaining, modifying and repairing H-Series and Radixact Radiation Delivery Systems; maintaining and repairing test and lab equipment; performing tests, measurements, and analysis; assisting Engineers with various Product Development tasks; selecting and purchasing supplies, components, and assemblies for maintaining and testing.
- Maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair radiation delivery systems and associated bunker support instrumentation, in accordance with quality system requirements and associated manufacturing and service procedures
- Support the Product Development group in assembly, optimization, testing, and documentation of new product configurations and technologies
- Manage inventory of spare and alternate parts necessary to maintain and reconfigure radiation delivery systems; procure replacement/new parts through supply chain, manufacturing, and/or service as-needed
- Assist in the procurement, control, maintenance, and calibration of bunker-related test equipment, tools, etc.
- Obtain required data sets; assist in analyzing and presenting findings
- Assist the development of facility requirements to accommodate product development, including workflow, shelving, other storage, and workstations
- Assist in implementation and use of special facility controls that may be required, for example ESD, cleanliness, etc.
- Support product development after design transfer through various sustaining, field support, enhancement, and maintenance efforts under the direction/supervision of design engineers
- Work effectively with other engineers, scientists and vendors
- Work effectively with project managers, providing work estimates and reporting status and issues in a timely manner for each applicable project
- Complete projects in a timely manner with proper documentation, reporting promptly the progress, plans, and problems in a concise manner
- Facilitate maintenance of accurate, up-to-date logs of system configuration and usage by all bunker users
- Provide support to product development and marketing organization for trade shows
- AS or BS in Electronic Technology or equivalent degree or experience
- At least 1 year of lab experience including testing and troubleshooting in electronics or other relevant manufacturing industry. Suitable work experience in a technically related field may be considered in lieu of formal education
- Excellent problem solving skills for complex electromechanical systems
- Mechanical aptitude and experience with shop tools
- Experience with cabling, connectors, grounding schemes, AC and DC power systems
- Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment including: oscilloscopes, DVM's and function generators
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good computer skills, including the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word-processing, and email applications
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move physical inventory weighing up to 75 pounds
- Ability to regularly climb ladders, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required during the development, testing, and maintenance of Accuray products
Preferred or Desired:
- Ability to read mechanical drawings
- Knowledge and experience with high voltage systems
- Knowledge and experience with RF systems
- SW experience, particularly python, scripting, and/or LabVIEW
- Experience in ESD and cleanliness special process controls
- Experience in test fixture development
- Experience in system configuration management
- Ability to operate a forklift
At Accuray Our commitment to patient-first outcomes drives an inclusive and collaborative work environment where the best ideas rise to the top — and everyone works to push them further. We value diversity in both the professional and personal backgrounds of our employees, as this variety adds rich energy to every team, every project and every work day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.