Does the idea of testing new marketing channels excite you? Are you go-getter who’s compelled to see integrated campaigns through from concept to delivery? Does working with diverse personalities inspire and motivate you? Do you see a 15-month contract as an opportunity to showcase your talent and open doors to future possibilities? Well, we’ve got the role for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Strategy, the Senior Specialist, Marketing Strategy will support our dynamic marketing team through the ability to understand and translate Economical's brand value into impactful messaging, content, and enablement materials — an individual with the passion to drive strategy, create change, and build and execute a go-to-market plan. Equally as strong, your energy and enthusiasm will have internal and external teams rallying together toward a common goal.
** Please note that this is a contract position for 15 months **
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- You’re a brilliant marketer whose creativity and passion inspires those around you
- You’re a motivated project manager who can negotiate with impact and tact
- You’re equally excited about pitching new ideas as you are about executing defined tactics
- You’re successful at what you do because you rely on data to influence your decisions
- You’re very organized, resourceful, and have impeccable attention to detail
- You’re customer-focused and you thrive in a team environment
- You’re effective and calm when working under pressure
- You’re professional, friendly, and courteous — bonus points for a good sense of humour
- You have an avid interest in marketing strategy and you keep up with industry news and trends
- You’re always open to learning and expanding your skills
- Develop and oversee the overall marketing strategy and campaign/creative direction for innovative new technologies, while maintaining key timelines with multiple internal stakeholders
- Drive enablement efforts that will arm our sales teams with the collateral, tools, and training they need to increase demand and accelerate pipeline
- Communicate and advocate our core value proposition to the broker community and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our solutions
- Contribute to business development initiatives by actively meeting with brokers to present campaigns and ideas, determine effective communication channels, develop targeted programs to drive increased response rates, and establish implementation plans
- Track the effectiveness of programs by measuring and reporting on key performance indicators
- Manage relationships and day-to-day project tasks with internal and external marketing resources — from concept development through to campaign execution
- Mentor and motivate your marketing and design teammates to bring their best
Experience & Skills:
- University degree or college diploma in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Minimum 7 years of progressive professional experience in a marketing environment
- Applied knowledge of communication planning and multichannel marketing, including direct mail, advertising, media, web, social, email, and other digital or physical promotion strategies
- Experience developing and presenting ideas and plans persuasively to key stakeholders
- Experience managing external vendors and internal resources
- Exposure to the insurance industry would be considered an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience but you know you have what it takes, be sure to tell us why in your application.
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse and supportive people who want to help you be better at what you do
- Competitive pay and unexpected perks to keep things fun